- Discuss the “Tree of Influence” homework
- Learn the negative effects of tobacco use
- Identify the consequences of tobacco use
- Understand nicotine addiction
- Identify chemicals found in tobacco products
- Talk about the power of the media/advertising and exposure to nicotine
- Listen to the heart and lungs before and after exercise
- Examine the “Tar Jar”
- Play the “What If” game to identify consequences of tobacco use
- Summarize “body maps” and make team presentations
- Create tobacco awareness posters for display in school
- Complete daily physical activity calendars in classroom
2 Sided Weekly Family Newsletter
Smoking stinks! Information on why smoking is bad for you.
Helpful resources for parents or caregivers who want to stop smoking.
Tobacco Resources OnLine – Fact Sheets
Vaping Unveiled – Resources
Students learned how tobacco products
affect the body and why to never use them.
The Real Cost Of Vaping
The FDA’s view of The Real Cost Of Vaping
Watch a small video clip on todays lesson plan: (If you cannot see the video, CLICK here to download it)